The Conclusion to the Prom/Regionals Conflict

Britney Tan, Writer

In order to compensate for the seniors and juniors who advanced to UIL Regionals and plan on attending prom, the Prom Committee has made accommodating adjustments.

“Those who are participating in UIL and do not make it to the prom, but have bought a ticket, will be refunded,” Mrs. Henson said.

In lieu of a bus, the school will also be providing extra suburbans to transport students so that multiple vehicles can run students back to Big Spring from Regionals.

“We are also offering to buy a Chick-fil-A meal or hamburger meal to those who do not think they will make it back in time to eat,” Mrs. Henson said. “They just need to let us know when they buy their ticket.”

Since UIL Regionals is an overnight meet, those traveling back early can store their suitcases in Mrs. Henson’s office until Prom is over.

“They can also use my office to change and refresh their make-up and hair,” Mrs. Henson said.

As for hair and make-up, Mrs. Henson recommends getting that done during breaks between events or if possible, schedule appointments close to their competition location. Another issue that is frequently brought up is the picture party, which late arriving students may miss.

“All props used at the picture party will be brought to prom and set up on the patio for picture opportunities, along with several selfie stations throughout the prom area,” Mrs. Henson said.

Prom tickets will continue to be on sale through next Wednesday (ending April 5).