Senior Advice Column

YzaBele Olivarez, writer

Graduation is on May 26, 2017 and the seniors couldn’t be anymore excited! Around 200 students will be taking a walk across the stage at 8PM that night in the Howard College Coliseum. Senior year is one of the most important years for a high school student. Below are a few wise words the graduating class left behind for those coming up.

“Do not stand in the middle of the hallway. You will get ran over.”

-Marcus Arredondo

“Don’t take these times for granted. You will remember them for the rest of your life. Life is so much different once you are out these doors. Enjoy every second and love life. There are going to be very stressful days but you will get passed them. Do whatever you love with your utmost passion, there is no guarantee you will be able to continue to do it after high school. Have times that you take everything in and just smile. Enjoy it, this is your only time in high school!”

-Cameron Mikels

“Senior year is probably one of the most easiest yet hardest years of high school. You cannot give up though because it is so worth it in the end!”

-Saige Stallings

“I would say to do everything you can to make the best of high school. Join a sports team, be in a club, and sing in the choir. It makes the years go by so much better and you will make the best memories of your life! Have fun and don’t worry about what anyone else thinks of you. Express yourself in every way you want! Be you!”

-Addie Jimenez

“Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Make friends and enjoy high school because it will soon all be over. Most importantly, have fun!”

-Ronnie Rivera

“Don’t worry about what people say or think about you. In ten years it will not matter. Do what makes you happy!”

-Gabriella Rubio

“Don’t procrastinate.”

-Davian Moore

Lastly, my advice to the underclassmen and those coming up is to enjoy the little things. Before you know it next school year will be here. The best moments come kind of slow, but go by in a blink of an eye. Most importantly though is to have fun and enjoy yourself. One day it will all be a memory so make the best out of everyday you can.