State Qualifier Recognition

The 2015 UIL Track & Field State Championships is being held this weekend at Mike A. Myers Stadium on the UT campus with action continuing Friday May 15, 2016. 
RALPH BARRERA/ AMERICAN-STATESMAN

The 2015 UIL Track & Field State Championships is being held this weekend at Mike A. Myers Stadium on the UT campus with action continuing Friday May 15, 2016. RALPH BARRERA/ AMERICAN-STATESMAN

Austin American-Statesman

Austin American-Statesman

Aaron Olague, Writer

Students, Teachers, and Parents had a State Qualifier Recognition banquet recently at the Big Spring High School. It recognizes students all around the district that have qualified for State whether it be for academics or sport UIL.

“It feels so good that all the hard work and practice paid off. I’ve pushed myself so hard during practice, and I’ve had a better mind set going into State,” said Junior Track Runner Michael Renteria.

This is the first year that the school has really recognized State Qualifiers. Close to 125 students that have been recognized at the meeting, but all the students that were there feel that they deserve to be there and feel relieved that they are getting recognized for their hard work, blood, sweat, and tears.

“I’ve worked so hard this season, not only for me but for my team, and it feels so good to finally get recognition for it, not only by my friends and family but by the school as well with both the sendoff and the banquet,” said Junior Track Runner Leon Matthews.

So if you see anyone who has qualified for a UIL event make sure either to congratulate them and/or wish them luck off to state to represent the team and the school as well as we know they can.

GOOD LUCK TO THE BIG SPRING GOLF TEAM ON THEIR TRIP TO STATE!!!!